Global DRO provides the prohibited status of medication brands and ingredients according to the current World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List.
Global DRO only provides brand information for medications available for purchase in Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, UK, and USA.
Global DRO does NOT contain information on, or that applies to, any dietary supplement unless an ingredient on the label is known to be prohibited. The same applies to homeopathic products and other alternative medicines.
A dietary supplement may contain prohibited substances even if your search results for all individual ingredients state that the ingredients on the label are not prohibited or the ingredients are not contained in Global DRO. Dietary supplements may contain ingredients which are not listed on the ingredient label or may use alternate names for a prohibited ingredient which do not appear in Global DRO. The use of any dietary supplement is at your own risk.
If you can’t find your medication on Global DRO this does NOT mean your product is safe to take in sport. Contact us to find out if it is prohibited in sport.
The User is responsible for:
- Correctly selecting the appropriate medication from the list of search results.
- Ensuring all active ingredients of the brand they are searching are listed on the Brand Search Results (Status) page.
- Reading the “overall” status of an ingredient or brand search.
- Checking the prohibited status of the substance or method against the relevant routes of administration by which the medication will be used.
- Using the medication as directed by the manufacturer.
- Conducting new searches for each sport they participate in to view sport specific results.
- Conducting new searches whenever the Prohibited List changes.
- Checking with the relevant International Federation and or Major Event Organizer for any additional rules that may pertain to medications.
Global DRO does not:
- Provide the prohibited status of dietary supplements or other natural health products.
- Provide any form of medical advice or recommend treatment plans, including but not limited to information on clinically-appropriate routes of administration.
- Endorse any substance or medication brand listed in the database.
- Make claims about the status of substances not found in the database.
- Reflect additional disciplinary regulations, published by International Federations or Major Event Organisers, which prohibit certain ingredients or methods separate to their status under the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.
Global DRO is not liable for any:
- Errors, omissions, or inaccuracies in the database.
- Misuse of any substance or method.
- Time delays between the change in status of a given substance or method and the corresponding database update.
- Time delays between the availability of new ingredients, brands and/or brand formulations and their inclusion into the database.
- Incorrect entries by the user in any of the search fields.
- Failure to strictly follow these terms and conditions or other instructions on the website.
- Failure to observe the limitations of this resource.
All materials, content and forms contained on this website are the intellectual property of the partners and, other than for your personal use or internal business use, may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or displayed, without their express written permission. For the avoidance of doubt, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute or display for any commercial purpose, or re-sell, such materials, contents and forms, whether on their own or in combination with any other materials or product.